Friday, July 22, 2011

Bounce bounce

These sneakers have a secret...

I gave the Wittner platform loafer/maryjanes from yesterday a bit of a trial run. Preliminary findings indicate that they will indeed be suitable for dancing and hellraising, however if I change my mind there are always these French nineties Superga-esque platform sneakers which I scavenged today:

Photobucket

They'd certainly give me a fair amount of the extra height I require for any live show where I can't sit on someone's shoulders (in other words, all live shows now that I am no longer a sylph-like teenager, and have 42 year old husband instead of teenage boyfriends with abs of steel and oxen-type abilities to heft hefty weights/girls aloft for extended periods while also moshing).

Photobucket
There's about a foot between my two feet.

In reality these sneakers are probably destined for my friend's stall at Lost & Found, and then onwards onto the feet of someone barely born when they trod the earth first time around. I am still hunting down my real nineties trainer holy grail - the Nike Air Terra Humara (shall have to post about that one of these days), these really can't compete. For one thing, the font is tres daggy:

Photobucket
Rappers.

...although all the text inside is in French, which gives them an incongruous air of classiness.

Photobucket
Frankenfeet.

xx
Skye
PS. My original 1997 Air Terra Humaras were in a turquoise/grey/silver/black colourway that fucking ruled. I am so sad (in a totally non-sad, non-compulsive acquisitional kind of way) that I missed out on the re-issues from a year or two ago, I must confess I do check ebay for them in idle moments. Orange!

Photobucket

5 comments:

VintageSweetheart said...

Those sneakers are insane I don't think I could pull them off. Am I the only one who feels awkward in sneakers??

Erika said...

Those platform sneakers are amazing. You found them at the right time too, they're totally becoming a trend. I've come across a few DIY platform converse posts on blogs.

lisadom Grace App said...

Sorry but they look prescriptive- as in rehab centre presrcription for 2 returned servicemen with complimentary leg length issues...

Anonymous said...

i will absolutely buy them off you should they be a size 38 and going the way of 'lost and found'...wolfievelvet@live.com.au

Anonymous said...

i will absolutely buy them off you should they be a size 38 and going the way of 'lost and found'...wolfievelvet@live.com.au